Zipline is 100% remote and accepts applicants from Canada, US & International.
Hi. We’re Zipline! We’re helping put technology into the hands of those that need it most — retail workers. If you have worked in a store, you know the drill. You’re helping customers, ringing up orders, and trying to do the 30 tasks that HQ wants you to do. Some pertain to you. Some don’t. But that’s for you to figure out… all while putting out fires and keeping shelves tidy.
We are looking for a qualified Mobile developer to join our Applications Engineering team. You will be working with our fantastic engineers to develop native mobile treatments for our web applications. Our products meet our customers where they are: at headquarters, in-store back-rooms, and on the shop floor. With a pronounced customer shift towards mobile devices, providing them with first-class experiences is paramount.
Zipline has iOS and Android phone applications. They’re built as hybrid apps, wrapping up the web app experience, but making sure that they provide a solid, seamless experience for the store associates who use them daily. Your job will be to collaborate with our product and engineering teams, own the mobile app experience, constantly improve the apps by optimizing their performance, polishing the native + hybrid web integration, and implementing features in native code (Swift on iOS and Kotlin on Android).
If you’re passionate about mobile platforms and translating code into user-friendly apps, we would love to meet you!
- Own the maintenance of the Android app:
- Clean up the project and update its dependencies and build tool chain.
- Maintain the app, and it’s dependency stack, with regular updates of critical infrastructure.
- Own QA automation (unit tests + integration tests) and CI setup.
- Own the Android app test and release cycle: run internal beta releases and public Google Play Store releases and collaborate with Zipline engineering, product, and marketing teams
- Own tooling and automation to build custom, per-customer enterprise .apk releases.
- Lead the Android app development: collaborate with Zipline engineering, product, and design teams to implement native Android features in Kotlin.
- Collaborate with the other engineers and support the iOS application development in Swift.
- Collaborate with the frontend engineers and write the UI code for web views.
- A portfolio of released applications on the App Store or Google Play. Tell us about your apps in your cover letter.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Kotlin.
- Experience working with web applications and Ruby on Rails, in particular, will be a huge plus.
- Familiarity with software design principles: OOP, MVVM.
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to perform in a remote team environment.
- Excellent written communication skills.
Why submit your resume?
- Remote: Join an effective remote team and work where you're comfortable
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to take breathers and get out and see the world
- Benefits: 401k, and world-class medical, dental, and vision policies
- Team Fun: Twice annual company off-sites in fun locations. We've done New York, Costa Rica, Whistler, Palm Springs, San Diego, and Mexico City. (Post pandemic, of course)
- Opportunities to learn and grow
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- We value the diversity of all kinds and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
We value diversity of all kinds and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.