Your designs will make a difference
Want to do meaningful product design work at a product-driven company and have a real impact on the lives of millions of people working in retail? As a Product Designer at Zipline you will be part of solving complex and interesting problems.
Our mission is to bring retail operations out of the dark ages and give companies effective tools that their employees love to use. You will help improve the way that this 4.4 trillion dollar industry communicates with its store employees and save them from sad, slow, inefficient systems (think fax machines, voicemails, and the postal service). People deserve better! We need your help to make this happen.
Each product designer at Zipline will work in a team with a product manager, engineers, and have regular connections to our customers. Together they will dive deep into parts of the Zipline product, ship solutions to challenging problems and get feedback directly from the people we’re building it all for.
Design matters to our customers (Gap Inc, TOMS, Lululemon, LEGO, and many more amazing brands) and we believe the investments we’re making in design will continue to set us apart from our competitors. We want you to be part of that!
We are a well-funded market leader, but there is so much more to do and so much opportunity. We have awesome investors, great customers and are looking for a Product Designer to help us ensure our customers are successful with our product. For this role, we are looking for someone who has the skills to define product direction and help set and hold the bar for design excellence. You’ll carry features from vision through to execution and launch, all the while prototyping, testing and honing the design to ensure it works for our customers.
We’re hiring a Product Designer who can think strategically about how to win the market and then practically move projects forward that will make that strategy successful!
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and ensure superlative design quality.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area.
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity UI for your features.
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation and customer experience. You will often pair with engineers to create prototypes and iterate on a daily, if not hourly, basis.
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team.
- Balance short-term product design needs with a vision into the future, and are always thinking about how we can improve the product over the long term
- Work in close collaboration with Design leadership to inform and improve design processes.
- Help promote an inspiring and inclusive environment for the team.
- Lead by example - do great work and help people on the team learn how you do it.
- At least 3 years experience in an individual contributor role, on a Product Design team for desktop or mobile.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, and ideation.
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Experience partnering with product managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
More about you
- Experience designing UI/UX for web-based operational/productivity tools
- Retail experience is an asset, but not required
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Slack, Gmail or Basecamp
- Ability to effectively communicate to, present to, influence or befriend all levels within an organization.
- Outstanding listening and writing skills, and a keen ability to translate complex concepts into simple, persuasive language.
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills to build relationships across the company with both ours as well as our customers.
- Self-motivated, dependable, and dedicated.
What's in it for you
- Remote office: Join an effective team that's been remote from day one and work where you’re comfortable
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get our and see the world
- Benefits: 401k, and world-class medical, dental, and vision policies
- Team Fun: Once we're able to travel again, twice annual company off-sites in fun locations. We’ve done New York, Costa Rica, Whistler, Palm Springs, San Diego, and Mexico City
- Learning: Sponsorship of meetup and conference attendance
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- And much more!
We value the diversity of all kinds and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.