Hello, Creative Masterminds! Are you looking for a career that allows you to work with the world’s best-known brands and Fortune 1,000 leaders?
Our mission is to bring retail operations out of the dark ages and give companies effective tools that their employees love to use. You will help improve the way that this 4.4 trillion dollar industry communicates with its store employees and save them from sad, slow, inefficient systems (think fax machines, voicemails, and the postal service). People deserve better! We need your help to make this happen.
We are an early stage, well-funded company. We have awesome investors, great customers, and are looking for a Senior Product Manager to help us ensure our customers are successful with our product.
For this role, we are looking for a product leader who can manage and own the Actionable Insights problem space. This leader will have a deep understanding of how to deliver data in an actionable way that will guide better decisions every day. We have a mission and a philosophy that we are pretty opinionated about and we need strong voices to help manage and make our product vision and strategy successful!
This Product Manager will be successful in their role by focusing on:
- Surface insights internally so that we can make better business decisions
- Integrate actionable insights into the product to create magical moments that drive our customer to make better decision making
- Leverage Zipline’s unique data set to produce industry-wide insights
A Product Manager’s Role at Zipline includes:
- Connecting and communicating regularly with customers and coworkers to research and explore real retail problems, build strong relationships, and amplify voices as we work towards building the most effective and user-friendly product.
- Learning and analyzing data to make informed decisions and to monitor the success of new features, functionality, and general user experience. Continue to gain market knowledge by reading reports, blogs, or our competitor’s product literature.
- Deciding and documenting is core to how we communicate asynchronously and operate cross-functionally. From writing pitches that define what, when, and why to key decisions or discussions around priority or changes to customer-facing roadmaps, taking a “written first” approach will help bring stakeholders together.
- Shaping and building ideas are our love language for product discovery and delivery. Methods like breadboarding or fat marker sketches enable collaboration with design and engineering to ensure product direction and functionality are clearly communicated and ideas are brought to life!
- Product operations guide how we work and ensure that we build sustainable and scalable processes to help manage product innovation across the company.
- You have 8+ years of SaaS or enterprise software development experience, with preferably 2-3 years in retail-related space.
- Strong data analytics background with a demonstrated ability to translate business needs into creative and engaging output.
- Working knowledge of business intelligence/reporting tools with related experience analyzing data as well as writing queries and reports.
- You can take a product strategy and run with it, everything from partnering closely on shaping through to delivery and advocacy.
- You have prior experience as a Product Manager in an earlier stage company. You need to have familiarity with the style, pace, and uncertainty of a company at our stage of growth.
- You are comfortable establishing and managing relationships across Marketing, Sales, Engineering, Customer Success, and our Customers/Brand Partners.
- You have a proven track record of outlining product ideas to meet customer’s needs.
- You are a product thinker, who loves to solve real problems and likes to get into the thick of it to be able to make decisions on their own.
- You trust your development team to design great solutions.
- You are focused on building products, validating use cases, and measuring success.
- You can take a raw idea and know-how to move it through to launch. Bias toward action.
- You build trust with customers and your coworkers by understanding their needs, goals, and what makes them successful.
More about you:
- We are for retail, by retail. Having a background either working in retail or building software for retailers has been an important key to our product’s success. It’s not required but if you do have retail experience it will bring a ton of value to our customers and business.
- Experience with the concepts described in Shape Up is an asset, but not required.
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Basecamp, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Slack, etc
- Ability to effectively communicate to, present to, influence or befriend all levels within an organization. Great at asynchronous communication.
- Outstanding listening and writing skills, and a keen ability to translate complex concepts into simple, persuasive language.
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills to build relationships across the company with both ours as well as our customers.
- Self-motivated, dependable, and dedicated.
What's In It for You:
- Remote office: Join an effective remote team and work where you’re comfortable
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get our and see the world
- Benefits: 401k, and world-class medical, dental, and vision policies
- Team Fun: Twice annual company off-sites in fun locations. We’ve done New York, Costa Rica, Whistler, Palm Springs, San Diego, and Mexico City
- Learning: Sponsorship of meetup and conference attendance
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- And Much More!
We value the diversity of all kinds and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.