At Retail Zipline, our core mission is to improve the lives of retail workers. Retail is one of America's most populous workforces but also one of the most underserved. Through Zipline, we can touch on one in four American workers who are often minority, women, and working part-time while studying or taking care of the family. With Zipline, they can feel more connected to the brand’s mission, understand what’s expected of them, and be more successful in their jobs, all while driving business success and empowering brands to reach their vision.
But transforming the way brick-and-mortar retailers operate won’t happen overnight. We need your help to improve the way that this 4.4 trillion dollar industry communicates with its store employees. Today, retailers rely upon cumbersome, slow, and inefficient systems. But we want to change that with Zipline’s cutting-edge retail operations platform.
And, we’re already making a ton of progress. In 2020, during one of the toughest retail environments even, we tripled our sales and added these brands to our list of customers: Speedway, QuikTrip, American Eagle Outfitters, Hy-Vee, Sephora, L.L.Bean, and Fjallraven, among many more. They join customers such as GAP, LEGO, BevMo!, LUSH, Torrid, and more, that have been using Zipline to drive store execution. In fact, we now have more than 23,000 stores and hundreds of thousands of users on the platform.
We’re hiring a Customer Support Specialist who wants to help us continue to deliver the responsive, friendly, first-class customer service that our customers love and appreciate! If you are an empathetic, friendly person who is passionate about providing best-in-class customer support, then you are who we’re looking for!
- Shifts 9 am - 6 pm PST; rotating Saturday's
- Provide primary frontline support as a Level 1 Customer Support Specialist
- Promptly respond to customer questions, issues, comments, and feedback via Intercom live chat or email
- Achieve productivity standards and goals while maintaining the highest level of customer service
- Handle customer requests and questions with a thoughtful, friendly, and empathetic tone
- Immediately escalate technical issues and bugs to Level 2 Customer Support Engineers
- Collaborate with colleagues across the organization to find solutions to customer issues
- Identify common issues and escalate them to management, along with possible suggestions for improvement, wherever possible
- Maintain a polite, helpful, and professional manner at all times
- Obtain and share customer feedback with colleagues and other departments so that products and services can be improved
- Familiarize yourself with new products and services as they are introduced
- Attend training and meetings as required
- Provide assistance with training for new Customer Support hires
- Help create and maintain internal and customer-facing documentation
- Previous experience in a customer service role
- Experience with help desk software, such as Intercom, Zendesk, etc. is preferred
- Proficiency with applications such as Slack, Basecamp, Zoom, Loom, etc. preferred
- Good communicator with a clear, thoughtful, and friendly writing style
- The ability to respond appropriately and quickly under pressure
- Sound judgment and excellent problem-solving skills
- A positive attitude and the ability/desire to build relationships with our users
More about you:
- Passionate about creating an amazing customer experience
- Retail experience is an asset, but not required
- Outstanding listening and writing skills, and a keen ability to translate complex concepts into simple, persuasive language
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills to build relationships across the company with both ours as well as our customers
- Self-motivated, dependable, and dedicated
- Previous experience working remotely is a plus
What's In It for You:
- Remote office: Join an effective remote team and work where you’re comfortable
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world
- Benefits: 401k, and world-class medical, dental, and vision policies
- Team Fun: Twice annual company off-sites in fun locations. We’ve done New York, Costa Rica, Whistler, Palm Springs, San Diego, and Mexico City, Santa Cruz
- Learning: Sponsorship of meetup and conference attendance
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- And Much More...
We value the diversity of all kinds and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.