Hello, Creative Masterminds!
Are you passionate about helping retail companies revolutionize the way they do business? Are you looking for a career that allows you to work with the world’s best-known brands and Fortune 1,000 leaders?
Our mission is to bring retail operations out of the dark ages and give companies effective tools that their employees love to use. You will help improve the way that this 4.4 trillion dollar industry communicates with its store employees and save them from sad, slow, inefficient systems (think fax machines, voicemails, and the postal service). People deserve better! We need your help to make this happen.
We are an early stage, well-funded company. We have awesome investors, great customers, and are looking for a business-minded Product Manager to help us ensure our customers are successful with our product. For this role, we are looking to bring another Product Manager on board who can manage a suite of products and own the problem space that guides them. We have a mission and a philosophy that we are pretty opinionated about and we need strong voices to help manage and make our product vision and strategy successful!
A Product Manager’s Role at Zipline includes:
- Connecting and communicating
- Learning and analyzing
- Deciding and documenting
- Shaping and building
- Product operations
Connecting and Communicating
- Connecting regularly with customer success, sales, and marketing teams. Make sure they have the proper messaging and materials to sell and support the product and to gather feedback from customers and prospects.
- Connecting frequently with engineering. Check-in on their progress, review their demos, answer questions they have, and help guide them towards our product vision.
- Meeting regularly with customers. Conducting user research, exploring real retail problems, while building strong relationships. Preparing and providing in-depth product demos.
Learning and Analyzing
- Reviewing business and product specific key performance indicators (KPI’s) and usage data.
- Studying your market by reading analyst reports, influential blogs, your competitors’ product literature, news about your market, etc.
- Reviewing the adoption data of any new features, functionality, or changes to your product’s user experience.
Deciding and Documenting
- Recording key takeaways from your meetings and making sure those data points reach the right stakeholders.
- Writing pitches (or product requirements) that help define problems and solutions, then distributing them to the relevant stakeholders.
- Prioritizing raw ideas, bugs, and improvements while keeping our customer and internal-facing roadmaps up to date.
- Providing support to engineering teams as they work through development cycles validating solutions meet requirements and create a delightful customer experience.
- Communicate trade-offs during strategic planning sessions.
Shaping and Building
- Collect, organize, and translate internal and customer feedback into digestible chunks that can be used to help guide the product direction during shaping and building phases.
- Work closely with design to ensure that pitches and product direction adhere to our user experience and design standards.
- Sketch and discuss the key components and connections of an interface idea using methods like breadboarding or fat market sketches.
- Connect with internal and external team members to develop ideas into concepts helping to identify and remove potential risks before the project kicks off.
- Have regular discussions on scope and continue to refine ideas to deliver the most value in less than 6 weeks.
- Advocate for and clearly communicate ideas through asynchronous communication.
- Familiar with the ins and outs of a product organization. Willing to jump in to help make processes more efficient and scalable across a rapidly growing company.
- You have 5+ years of SAAS or enterprise software development experience.
- You have prior experience as a Product Manager in an earlier stage company. You need to have familiarity with the style, pace, and uncertainty of a company at our stage of growth.
- You are comfortable establishing and managing relationships across Marketing, Sales, Engineering, Customer Success, and our Customers/Brand Partners.
- You have a proven track record of successfully owning and evolving a group of products to meet customer’s needs.
- You can take a product strategy and run with it, everything from partnering closely on shaping through to delivery and advocacy.
- You are a product thinker, who loves to solve real problems and likes to get into the thick of it to be able to make decisions on their own.
- You are focused on building products, validating use cases, and measuring success.
- You can take a raw idea and know-how to move it through to launch. Bias toward action.
- You excel at stakeholder engagement, team building, advocacy, education, and partnership to get things done.
- You build trust with customers and your coworkers by understanding their needs, goals, and what makes them successful.
More about you:
- We are for retail, by retail. Having a background either working in retail or building software for retailers has been an important key to our product’s success. It’s not required but if you do have retail experience it will bring a ton of value to our customers and business.
- Experience with the concepts described in Shape Up is an asset, but not required.
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Basecamp, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Slack, etc
- Ability to effectively communicate to, present to, influence or befriend all levels within an organization. Great at asynchronous communication.
- Outstanding listening and writing skills, and a keen ability to translate complex concepts into simple, persuasive language.
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills to build relationships across the company with both ours as well as our customers.
- Self-motivated, dependable, and dedicated.
What's In It for You:
- Remote office: Join an effective remote team and work where you’re comfortable
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get our and see the world
- Benefits: 401k, and world-class medical, dental, and vision policies
- Team Fun: Twice annual company off-sites in fun locations. We’ve done New York, Costa Rica, Whistler, Palm Springs, San Diego, and Mexico City
- Learning: Sponsorship of meetup and conference attendance